Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Blog Post 3- Second Lesson 3/23/16

To follow up on our first lesson, I taught Talia the top 3 (Low E, A, D) strings of the guitar. She now knows the basics of the note names and how to place her fingers. We also reviewed the contents of last weeks lesson, because she didn't feel entirely comfortable with the what we learned last week. I quizzed her on different notes and now she can play each note correctly in order. Along with learning the notes, we also went over 2 basic chords; C and G7. This is a little bit of an introduction into our next few lessons where we will be working on how to play different chords. I am also going to go over strumming patterns with her because they are unfamiliar. Personally, I am getting more comfortable teaching guitar and I am finally getting the hang of phrasing things in an understandable way, which is something I am trying to work on. Although, I have not taught very much yet, I felt very accomplished when she began to really grasp the concept and play notes without hesitation. So far, I have not thought a lot about my final product, but I know that I will include a video of us playing both a song with notes and a song with chords. This will showcase what I have taught her throughout the duration of the project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment