Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Blog Post 4-Third Lesson 3/30/16

As most guitar players focus on using chords to play music, I decided to start working on those. This meant that we would be able to play basic songs with similar chords, varying strumming patterns. As of right now, Talia knows the basic chords such as F, Am, Em, G, and C. Chords like sharp chords or any form of B chords are more complex and often require using a capo (a clamp fastened across all the strings of a fretted musical instrument to raise their tuning by a chosen amount). I myself am not yet comfortable playing these chords, so I think I will wait on teaching them to her. She is very eager to start playing with chords, because it is more common and really fun once you get the hang of it. The next step is continuing to play chords and learn various strumming patterns that will turn basic chords into songs. I am personally really excited to start playing songs with Talia. 

* There are a variety of different strumming patterns and options for different songs are endless. When I was teaching myself different patterns, I used a video I found on YouTube by a guy who does online guitar tutorials. He went over a few basic strumming patterns and gave song examples, so I used this video to help teach. For anyone who is interested in learning guitar, I highly recommend his channel youtube.com/RipTard. https://youtu.be/r5MxIANvsA8* 
Many different types of capos used to play more difficult chords: 

No comments:

Post a Comment